Butchlab.com is rocking everyone’s socks (and garters.) Love child of Sinclair Sexsmith and her giant heart for queer activism and queer identity, it’s the best solution for those feeling alone in their gender expression that I’ve seen yet. It’s also just plain fun. It’s got interviews, pictures (totally already went and found Kate Moenig. Yum.) and a variety of other resources focusing on the butch identity. And most intriguingly (is that a word?) it has a blog roundup acting as a forum for discussion: Symposium.
If you want some kickass reads this fine freezing day, do it and do it now. The first topic is What is Butch? What does it mean to us? Possums, you may remember the post that went up discussing exactly that. Well I’m here to tell you that all the posts are phenomenal. It’s my goal today to run ’round and comment on all of them, letting the authors know they’re queer rockstars. I highly advise you to do the same. These chicks/dudes/people are fantastic. The internet is a better place for having seen their work.
- Ulla from Boxer Shorts & Bras
- Kyle from Butchtastic
- Holden from Packing Vocals
- Roxy from Uncommon Curiosity
- G from Can I Help You Sir
- Victoria from The Musings of a Lesbian Writer
- EST from A Lesbian Christian
- Wendi from A Stranger in This Place
- Jenni from Butch.org
- Ali from Made of Words
- Jolie from This Side of Changed
- Polly from Lesbian Dad
- Sinclair from Sugarbutch Chronicles